- Sat, Mar 05Queens
- Sat, Mar 05QueensMar 05, 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM ESTQueens, 22-25 Jackson Avenue Long Island City Queens, Queens, NY 11101, USABlackMass has invited the Afrikan Poetry Theatre to host a program focused on the storied and inspirational history as a center and generator for art, music, education, and community located in Jamaica, Queens.
- Sun, Feb 27QueensFeb 27, 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM ESTQueens, 36-01 35th Ave, Queens, NY 11106, USABlack Speculative Fiction (Journey of the Black Creative), at the Bartos Screening Room. Hosted by Tuffy Questell and Vernon “Smij” Williams. In honor of Black History Month, with our community partner Museum of the Moving Image, we present our annual Black Film Celebration.
- Sat, Feb 06https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO_kqruXrLFeb 06, 2021, 4:00 PM EST – Feb 28, 2021, 7:20 PM ESThttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO_kqruXrLCelebrating the journey of the Black Film Creative. Screenings of independent films created by The African Diaspora. Hosted by Samson Styles, plus Panel Discussion "The State of Black Film", Hosted by Tiffany Joy (Museum of The Moving Image). Airing on Youtube Feb6th through the 28th.
- Mon, Jul 20Zoom Video CommunicationsJul 20, 2020, 6:30 PM EDT – Aug 19, 2020, 8:30 PM EDTZoom Video CommunicationsThis Summer, award-winning author and publisher, Delicia B. Davis, leads a remarkable workshop for creative artists seeking to start and finish their children’s book ! With hands on activities, expert guest instructors, industry insight, and top notch artists onboard. Register Now!!
- Sat, Apr 18Zoom Video CommunicationsApr 18, 2020, 6:20 PM EDT – May 06, 2020, 8:20 PM EDTZoom Video CommunicationsOur 5th Installment of our filmmaking workshops,Students learn the business of filmmaking, camera, lights, scoring, producing, film budgeting, and create a short film that is shown at The Black History Month Film Festival at The Museum of The Moving Image.